Fri, Mar 18|
Tupelo, MS: GeoTime Call Record Analysis - Level 1 Training
Level 1 Beginner Call Record Analysis provides hands-on-training for personnel involved in criminal investigations, criminal prosecution and crime analysis.
Time & Location
Mar 18, 2022, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM CDT
NMLETC, 1 Finney Lane
This GeoTime Regional Training class is offered at no charge thanks, in part, to our hosting partner agency, the North Mississippi Law Enforcement Training Center.
About this event
This class is for active law enforcement and military personnel - only requests using official agency emails will be accepted.
This is a Bring-Your-Own-Laptop class. Software will be provided ahead of time and must be installed before the class. Please ensure your laptop meets our minimum requirements (see below).
Level 1 Beginner Cell Site Analysis provides hands-on-training for personnel involved in criminal investigations, criminal prosecution and crime analysis. It teaches how to apply cell site analysis concepts and GeoTime Desktop workflows to investigations.
This class will cover cell site analysis workflows, including CDR formatting, mapping of CDRs and reporting.
- GeoTime Overview
- Introduction to Call Record Analysis terms and theory
- Mapping call records, GPS records and locations of interest
- Introduction to common data formats from major US carriers
- Guidelines for answering basic investigative questions such as top locations, top other parties, pattern of live and device activity by geography video.
- Animating the target phone and capturing video
- Reporting : Capturing the story, marking up your data, video animations and exporting to PowerPoint reports.
- Hands-on Practice
Attendees should have a basic understanding of historical call records (CDRs), Excel and basic mapping.
- Windows 8 or 10
- 64-bit operating system
- At least 4GB of RAM
- Dedicated video card preferred
- Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint
- Internet connectivity
- Computer mouse with scroll wheel
- GeoTime software installed and running (will be provided prior to training date)
Any costs incurred by the student (such as travel, meals, accommodations) are the sole responsibility of the student. Uncharted Software offers training classes at no-cost to the student. Despite our best efforts, sometimes a training class may be cancelled.